Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A...Pyrates Life for Me?

I'm taking a little time out from baking a plethora of baked goods to post this evening. Still got much to do. Hem a skirt, fill a bunch of little corked bottles with spices, and little bags with yet more herbs and spices and begin packing. In a few days time, I'll be transported to another place (and time...sort of) in an event in Key West, where I'll be brandishing my knowledge and kit for my 18th century apothecary/spice merchant persona alongside quartermasters, wenches, surgeon/barbers and who knows what else.

Oh, and did I tell you I'm a pyrate?

Ah yes, at least I'll be for a few short days. I'll be living, working, playing and sleeping along conch encrusted shores with at least a hundred or so like minded folk. Eating from an ordinary (tavern/restaurant) built and orchestrated by a crewmate, and taking in the sights and sounds of canon fire, pyrate witch trials and plank walking contests. I'm filled with excitement, a fair amount of anxiety and a pinch of panic (car, don't fail me now).

Too much to think about right now...still so much to get ready. Got to get crackin', and will post pics when I return, whenever that may be.