Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Grrr...Argh

I have *winces* a splitting headache, and apparently, my building is having some sort of block/pool party.

Nothing says fun more than hearing Spice World played so loud it vibrates the walls.

---------->^--^<----------------------

I celebrated a birthday within the past few days. Had myself a great time with friends who ran me through all four Disney parks (zoinks!). Stood in line alot too, mainly for the opening of Star Wars weekends at Disney/MGM Studios and the quest for limited edition goodies, but apart from the waiting, that was still alot of fun. Every one of us who had cameras looked like paparazzi each time a character in dress would walk by. Half the time, I got pictures of them from the back, but a picture's a picture when you're photographing SW characters. They look great from nearly any angle. (If I have some time and energy later this week, I'll post pictures, and perhaps my first attempt at a clip.)

On Saturday I decided to take in the DiVinci Code, and I was rather surprised by my reaction to it. After hearing all of the negative publicity surrounding its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, along with pans from many critics, I thought it would be bordering on terrible. It wasn't absolutely fantastic, but it was enjoyable and thought provoking. I had a moment during the movie where I rolled my eyes, noting tweaks to the storyline that, had I been watching a Harry Potter movie, I would have balked at. This time around, I kept my darned inner mouth shut, and took in the movie as it was translated from the book.

I've made it my mission to tell folks (via net or in person) that the movie is worth seeing. Even if you don't agree with its premise, you'll have something to think about afterwards, I guarantee it.

I honestly don't know how some of the critics could have laughed at key scenes. The audience I sat in only laughed when something was truly funny. I could understand the criticism of some folk towards its premise though. That'll always be a sore spot for many, fiction or not.

And yeah, I enjoyed seeing "the chapel" I've been ranting about. It was nice to see it without the clutter of scaffolding.